MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota, November 11, 2022 | Second Step Foundation believes that no one in America should be hungry.
In 2022, the Second Step Foundation donated $320,000 to local food banks in 30 markets across 14 states. This funding will continue to help these food banks purchase food and other necessities. The Second Step Foundation is committed to help feed people in the communities where Interstate Companies’ employees live and work.
“Being good stewards of the gifts that we are given is something that most people understand is essential for sustained well-being. This year, the Second Step Foundation, guided by nominations from Interstate Companies employees, was able to contribute $320,000 in direct support to 30 organizations which provided for people in the communities where we live and work.” said Jim Williams, Co-Executive Director. “The Foundation is once again able to bring a ray of hope to many that need a helping hand. This is stewardship at its finest. Thanks to all the employees of Interstate Companies for their support of the foundation and for allowing the foundation to support these organizations!”
Second Step Foundation made a total of 30 donations to the following organizations:
- Second Harvest Hartland (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN)
- Avon Food Shelf (St. Cloud, MN)
- HACAP – Health and Nutrition Services (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- River Bend Foodbank (Quad Cities/Davenport, IA)
- Food Bank of Iowa (Des Moines, IA)
- Food Bank of Siouxland (Sioux City, IA)
- Northern IL Food Bank (Chicago, IL)
- Rock River Valley Pantry (Rockford, IL)
- Meals on Wheels of NW Indiana (Gary, IN)
- The Hope Market (Kansas City, KS)
- Dickinson County Salvation Army Mobile Food Pantry (Iron Mountain, MI)
- Family Services of Billing (Billings)
- Great Falls Community Food Bank (Great Falls, MT)
- Montana Food Bank Network (Missoula, MT)
- Great Plains Food Bank (Bismarck, Fargo, Williston, and Grand Forks, ND)
- Food Bank of Lincoln (Lincoln, NE)
- Food Bank of the Heartland (Omaha, NE)
- Feeding South Dakota (Sioux Falls and Watertown, SD)
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern WI (Madison, WI)
- Soup or Socks (Marshfield, WI)
- Hunger Task Force (Milwaukee, WI)
- Council of Community Services; Community Soup Kitchen (Gillette, WY)
- St. Mary’s Food Bank (Phoenix, AZ)
- River City Food Bank (Sacramento, CA)
- Carbon County Food Bank (Joliet, MT)
- Project Hope (Columbus, MT)
About Second Step Foundation
The Second Step Foundation was formed in 2014 by the family of Interstate CEO Travis Penrod as a registered not-for-profit that has supported deserving charities with financial grants each year.
In early 2020, the foundation board established new direction for the organization to tie it more closely to Interstate Companies, Inc. and the 28 communities in which it serves across 14 states. The foundation, believing that no one in America should be hungry, has intensified its focus on fighting hunger by supporting local food shelves and similar charities that help feed people.
The foundation’s logo carries a tagline, “Fueled by Interstate Companies,” which signifies that the ongoing success of Interstate Companies will help sustain the foundation. Employees in the local branches of each division nominate charities in their communities to be considered for a donation. Learn more at www.secondstepfoundation.org.
About Interstate Companies, Inc.
Interstate Companies, a growing industrial conglomerate headquartered in Minneapolis, operates over 50 business units in 37 facilities across 14 states in the Midwest, Rocky Mountain, West and Southwest regions. Interstate was founded in 1957. In its over 64 years in business, it has focused on distribution, sales and support of heavy-duty trucks, diesel engines, industrial bearing and power transmission products, industrial transmissions, power generation, transport refrigeration and other products. Interstate also provides contract assembly services and industrial labor.
Interstate Companies consists several operating divisions: I-State Truck Centers, Interstate Power Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Energy Systems, and Interstate Assembly Systems.
Contact: Samantha Rains | Interstate Companies, Inc. | 952-854-2044 | 2901 E. 78th St. | Minneapolis, MN 55425