Second Step Foundation Donates $270,000 to Help Fight Hunger across 13 States
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota, December 1, 2021 | Second Step Foundation believes that no one in America should be hungry.
Second Step Foundation donated $270,000 to local food banks in 27 markets across 13 states. This funding will continue to help these food banks purchase food and other necessities. Second Step Foundation is committed to help feed people in the communities where Interstate employees live and work.
“For the second year, the efforts of each and every employee of Interstate Companies, and their work each and every day, allowed the company to once again support the food based organizations in our communities to receive donations that will feed over 800,000 people, ” said Jim Williams, Second Step Foundation Co-Executive Director. “That is something everyone should take great pride in. Looks like Interstate’s motto, Pride in Service, is alive and well!”
Second Step Foundation made a total of 27 donations to the following organizations:
- Hunger Solutions (Twin Cities)
- ROCORI Area Food Shelf (St. Cloud)
- Linn Community Food Bank (Cedar Rapids)
- River Bend Foodbank (Quad Cities/Davenport)
- Food Bank of Iowa (Des Moines)
- Food Bank of Siouxland (Sioux City)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository (Chicago)
- Rock River Valley Pantry (Rockford)
- Meals on Wheels of NW Indiana (Gary)
- The Hope Market (Kansas City)
- Western Upper Peninsula Food Bank (Iron Mountain)
- Billings Food Bank (Billings)
- Great Falls Community Food Bank (Great Falls)
- Montana Food Bank Network (Missoula)
- Great Plains Food Bank (Bismarck, Fargo, Williston, and Grand Forks)
- Food Bank of Lincoln (Lincoln)
- Food Bank of the Heartland (Omaha)
- Feeding South Dakota (Sioux Falls and Watertown)
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern WI (Madison)
- Soup or Socks (Marshfield)
- Hunger Task Force (Milwaukee)
- Edible Prairie Project – Summer Weekend Meals for Kids (Gillette)
- Agua Fria Food Bank (Phoenix)
About Second Step Foundation
The Second Step Foundation was formed in 2014 by the family of Interstate CEO Travis Penrod as a registered not-for-profit that has supported deserving charities with financial grants each year.
In early 2020, the foundation board established new direction for the organization to tie it more closely to Interstate Companies, Inc. and the 27 communities in which it serves across 13 states.
The foundation, believing that no one in America should be hungry, has intensified its focus on fighting hunger by supporting local food shelves and similar charities that help feed people.
The foundation’s logo carries a tagline, “Fueled by Interstate Companies,” which signifies that the ongoing success of Interstate Companies will help sustain the foundation. Employees in the local branches of each division nominate charities in their communities to be considered for a donation. Learn more at www.secondstepfoundation.org.
About Interstate Companies, Inc.
Interstate Companies, a growing industrial conglomerate headquartered in Minneapolis, operates 65 business units in facilities across 13 states in the Midwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southwest regions. Interstate was founded in 1957. In its over 64 years in business, it has focused on distribution, sales and support of heavy-duty trucks, diesel engines, industrial bearing and power transmission products, industrial transmissions, power generation, transport refrigeration and other products. Interstate also provides contract assembly services and industrial labor.
Interstate Companies consists several operating divisions: I-State Truck Centers, Interstate Power Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Transport Refrigeration, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Energy Systems, Southwest Products, and Assembly Systems.
Contact: Samantha Rains | Interstate Companies, Inc. | 952-854-2044 | 2901 E. 78th St. | Minneapolis, MN 55425