Last updated: 2/19/2024
Our Service is directed to residents of the United States only.
INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Please note that Personal Data does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of or at the request of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used, or to otherwise assist the Company.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Interstate Companies, Inc.’s website, accessible from https://istate.com/
- You or Your means the individual accessing or using the Service or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may collect or ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as first name and last name and email address
- Usage Data
- Professional or employment information
- Information about Your geolocation, such as physical location based on IP address, device data, or region
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, browsing history, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Within the last year, Interstate has collected all of the above categories of Personal Data for its business purposes described in the section below.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications, regarding updates or informative communications related to Our products, services, or the Service.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We or our partners offer unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To respond to and manage Your requests to Us.
- To keep Your information and Our systems secure, including to detect security incidents and to be able to verify Your identity and contact information.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- As required by law: To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or government regulation.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, Company, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze or improve the use of our Service, or to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions or to evaluate and improve our Service, Company, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
- With Your consent: We may use or disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Legally Required Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect or defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or Company
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability, or
- Secure Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If You believe We might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact Us at:
Address: 2901 E. 78th St., Minneapolis, MN 55425
For California Residents – Personal Data Requests
Individuals residing in California have certain additional rights under local law regarding their Personal Data. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include:
- The ability to request that We provide the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about You;
- The ability to request correction of inaccurate Personal Data; and
- The ability to request deletion of Your Personal Data, subject to certain exceptions;
California residents also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights. Please note that we do not sell or share Your Personal Data, as defined under California law.
Certain information may be exempt from the above requests under certain circumstances. For example, We may retain certain information for legal compliance reasons, and to secure Our Service. We may also require certain information in order to provide the Service to You. Accordingly, if You ask Us to delete it, You may no longer be able to use the Service or access any of the content You were previously able to access.
California residents may submit a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-251-4211. Please include with Your request Your name, address, email address, phone number, relationship (if any) to Us, and the details of your request. Residents of California may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf.
To protect your privacy and security, We may take reasonable steps to verify Your identity before processing or fulfilling Your request. We will generally respond to Your request within 45 days, unless a longer response time is necessary, in which case We will let You know. Please note that We may retain certain Personal Data as required or allowed by law or as necessary for Our legitimate business purposes.
We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Section 1.6 of Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. If You reside in Nevada, You have the right to submit a request regarding the sale of covered information to our designated address: Interstate Companies, Inc., 2901 E. 78th St., Minneapolis, MN 55425.
Address: 2901 E. 78th St., Minneapolis, MN 55425